CHS owners elected five board members to three-year terms during the cooperative’s 2022 annual meeting held Dec. 1 and 2 in Minneapolis, Minn.
Reelected to three-year terms were:
- Al Holm, who raises corn, soybeans, sweet corn, peas and hay with his family near Sleepy Eye, Minn., representing Region 1 (Minnesota)
- Kevin Throener, who raises corn, soybeans, alfalfa and cattle with his family near Cogswell, N.D., representing Region 3 (North Dakota)
- Hal Clemensen, who raises corn, soybeans and wheat with his wife in Brown and Spink counties, S.D., representing Region 4 (South Dakota)
- Mark Farrell, who raises corn and soybeans with his brother and son in Dane County, Wis., representing Region 5 (Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin)
Newly elected CHS Board member
Jerrad Stroh succeeds former director Steve Riegel, who retired from the Board on Dec. 2, 2022, and will represent CHS members in Region 8 (Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas). Stroh raises corn and soybeans with his family in Adams County, Neb.
CHS Board officer elections
The following CHS Board members were elected to one-year officer terms:
- Dan Schurr, LeClaire, Iowa, reelected chair
- Scott Cordes, Wanamingo, Minn., elected first vice chair
- Russell Kehl, Quincy, Wash., reelected secretary treasurer
- C.J. Blew, Castleton, Kan., elected second vice chair
- Holm, reelected assistant secretary-treasurer
CHS owners voted to approve amendments to the CHS Bylaws that give the CHS Board flexibility to schedule regional caucuses and Director elections at a time and location that will enable the most owners to participate in CHS governance.